- Agree-on and prepare whatever wine, spirits or beer, etc, that you’d like to use as 'shots' or swigs.
- Agree on the game’s duration; either a set time for play, a number of card rounds, or else until the cards are exhausted.
- Shuffle the SINFUL SECRETS card deck and place it face down between the players.
- The first player draws the top card and reads it out loud, putting it in full view. They then answer this question to all, clearly, fully and honestly.
- If the player does not want to answer their question, they can PASS, but score an automatic -2 points from everyone. They then have to take a shot, and then take the next card off the deck for another try.
- After a question has been answered, all other players must judge their performance, scoring it overall for sauciness, entertainment and honesty, marking it on their own score sheet, provided, (see SCORING, below).
- At the end of that player’s go and after they have been marked, for the chance of a bonus point, everyone can voluntarily add their own response to the same question. For this they may be awarded a bonus point by each player, if appropriate.
- The question card is then discarded and the next player repeats the process with the next card.
- The winner, when time is up or all cards are completed, is the sauciest player with the highest collective total score.
- The VOTE card: There is one VOTE card - when this turns-up all players vote whether or not they’d like to move up to playing the real VANILLA SAUCE game! … more intimate than SINFUL SECRETS; each card deck becomes progressively more saucy - with over 120 different new game challenges.
- After your SINFUL SECRETS game ends, try repeating the VOTE one more time. Enjoy!
NOTE: The ‘HEADER WORD’ on each card simply denotes the category of the question.
At the end of a player’s turn, every individual scores the player on their overall performance, for sauciness, entertainment and honesty: the highest score being 3 points and
the lowest -2, (minus 2 for ‘passing’ - not answering), with no 0 score allowed, (see below).
The score sheet is handed round for everyone to mark before the next player’s turn. At the end of the game, the scores are totalled to find the overall winner.
3 points - very saucy, hilarious and excruciatingly honest!
2 points - quite naughty and entertaining.
1 point - adequate / an OK answer.
-1 point - boring / inadequate.
-2 points - for ‘PASSING’, and the declining player must take another shot and another card!
Note; there is no ‘0’ (zero) score, only plus or minus points.
Sinful Secrets is a taster and an appetiser for Vanilla Sauce, the real adult game… coming soon!